Housing Assistance is partnering with Love Live Local this December to energize its Telethon for Hope which will take place on Saturday, December 7, 5-8:30 PM, during the first night of LoveLocal Fest: Holiday Edition at Barnstable High School.
For Love Live Local CEO Amanda Converse, whose mother Deborah Converse worked at Housing Assistance for nearly 25 years, it’s a fitting partnership. “I have a close, personal connection to Housing Assistance: my mother worked passionately for the organization for over two decades,” she said. “During that time, I became familiar with the agency’s great work which is why I believe it’s so important to raise funds for Housing Assistance’s efforts to build a strong, vibrant community.”
Housing Assistance CEO Alisa Magnotta said the decision to align the Telethon for Hope with LoveLocal Fest made sense. “Love Live Local is all about finding ways to ensure that local businesses, entrepreneurs, and artisans can succeed here. These makers are a critical part of our economy and our community character,” she said. “Through our programs and services, we are working toward the same goal. Adequate housing is necessary for those of all income levels, especially so our workforce can continue to shape this special place we call home.”
Produced by the Cape Cod Community Media Center, the Telethon for Hope will run concurrently with LoveLocal Fest so people can not only shop local, they can give local this holiday season. More than 125 local makers, artisans, businesses, and restaurants will be attending LoveLocal Fest.
Now in its 16th year, the telethon will feature Housing Assistance staff, community leaders, and sponsors talking about the need for adequate housing and the work we’re doing to address that need.
In keeping with the spirit of the season, there will also be live performances from a variety of local musicians, including Brendan Princi, Kim Moberg, Brian Kelly, and David Bussiere and Troy Williams. Choirs from St. Pius X School in Yarmouth, St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School in Hyannis, and North Falmouth Elementary School will be singing holiday favorites.
As in previous years, students from the Nathaniel H. Wixon School in Dennis will be reading essays they have written on the topic of homelessness.
Businesses interested in sponsoring the telethon should contact Event and Resource Development Coordinator Deanna Bussiere at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 508-771-5400, ext. 270.
Support the Telethon for Hope
- Text HAC4HOPE to 41411 (now through the night of the telethon).
- Click here to make a donation.
- Watch live on Comcast cable channels 98 & 99 or live on our Facebook page (click here).
- Attend LoveLocal Fest: Holiday Fest on Saturday, December 7, 5-9 PM. There is a suggested minimum donation of $5 which will go to support both Housing Assistance as well as Love Live Local’s Project Cape Made grant program.
- Make a donation the night of the telethon. We will be accepting donations on Saturday, December 7, 5-8:30 PM. Stop by the field house at Barnstable High School. You’ll have the opportunity to gift a donation to a friend or family member this holiday season.
- Like and share our Telethon for Hope event page (click here) on Facebook, and invite your friends to the event.