Tax Efficient Gifts
Are you looking for other ways to support Housing Assistance Corporation beyond writing a check or using a credit card?
You’ve come to the right place! Learn more about tax-efficient ways to give that may work better for you and build a stronger foundation for Cape Cod and the Islands.
Stocks & Securities
Housing Assistance accepts gifts of stock and other appreciated assets – in doing so, you may avoid paying capital gains taxes on the appreciation, effectively increasing your donation and decreasing your tax exposure. We receive the full amount without tax, you count the entire market value toward potent itemized charitable donation deduction.
- To get started, please download and fill out the following form Donor Instructions for Gift of Securities
- Submit a copy of your completed form to your broker to initiate the transfer
- Then, you’re invited to notify our organization that your gift is coming so we can properly acknowledge your generous gift(s).
For questions and to notify Housing Assistance Corporation, please contact Margaret Benaka, Resource Development Coordinator, by email or by calling 508-771-5400 ext. 272.
Charitable IRA Transfers (QCDs)
Using an IRA to make a charitable donation can help lower your tax bill and help Housing Assistance. For those subject to Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs), QCDs count toward meeting your RMD, but must be made payable directly to charity, not to the owner/beneficiary otherwise the distribution will be counted as taxable. Housing Assistance receives the amount without tax, while the QCD helps satisfy your RMD without any tax consequence to you. For those with large IRAs, be aware there is a cap on the amount permitted to be donated by QCD. See your IRA custodian for proper paperwork.
To support Housing Assistance with your QCD, please ask your IRA custodian to send the check directly to the address below and mark your name in the memo.
Housing Assistance Corporation
460 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Give with a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
You can give in three ways:
- Recommend a grant from your DAF through your fund administrator
- Set up recurring grants from your DAF. You can set up recurring grants to help sustain our mission. You can choose how frequently the automated grants will occur.
- Name Housing Assistance Corporation as the beneficiary of your DAF. You can help continue the mission after your lifetime by naming Housing Assistance Corporation as the beneficiary of your DAF. Simply contact your fund administrator to do so.
Donors interested in learning more should contact Anne Van Vleck, Chief Development Officer, by email or by calling 508-771-5400 ext. 228.*
*Speak with your financial planner, tax advisor, and/or estate planning attorney for personal