The Big Fix-A-Thon
ANNUAL EVENT – Saturday, October 3, 2020 (Orleans)
The Big Fix-A-Thon is an annual event that supports the impactful work of Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) in three ways:
- Raising much-needed funds to enrich and enhance Housing Assistance’s existing services.
- Providing assistance to veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners with clean-up, landscaping, and small home repairs.
- Offering a meaningful hands-on experience for volunteers on the day of the event.
Applicant registration for our 11th Annual Big Fix-A-Thon in Orleans is now open! If you are a veteran, senior, and/or disabled homeowner in Orleans, please complete the application form and return it to Romy Maimon at either firstname.lastname@example.org or HAC’s Big Fix at 460 West Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601. The deadline to apply is Friday, August 7.
To comply with federal, state, and local advisories in response to COVID-19, this year’s event will be simplified:
- Limiting Big Fix-A-Thon homes in the Town of Orleans to 10 max.
- Limiting 10 volunteers to each Big Fix-A-Thon home.
- Limiting volunteer projects to only outdoor projects, with rare exceptions of licensed contractors doing indoor work.
- Once volunteer capacity is reached, people can still fundraise online and support Housing Assistance’s mission while also passing along special benefits to the Orleans homeowners.
WHEN: Saturday, October 3, 2020
WHERE: Big Fix-A-Thon Homes are located in the Town of Orleans. Virtual Big Fix-A-Thon Fundraisers will engage online.
BIG FIX HOME APPLICANTS: Applicants must fit into at least one category of either a low-income senior, veteran, or disabled homeowner in the Town of Orleans to participate. Click here to view the Big Fix Home application.
REGISTRATION DETAILS FOR BIG FIX-A-THON VIRTUAL FUNDRAISERS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MONDAY, AUGUST 3RD.
QUESTIONS? If you have additional event-related questions or are interested in sponsoring the Big Fix, please contact: Deanna Bussiere, Event & Resource Coordinator at email@example.com or at 508-771-5400, ext. 270.